Kamula – Students’ well-being
Kamula is students’ meeting place, small groups, leisure activities and events in Amuri, Tampere. Kamula activities goal is to strengthen students mental well-being and prevent loneliness.
Kamula’s meeting place is open weekly
- Wednesday & Thrusday at 4 pm to 9 pm
- Friday at 5 pm to 10 pm.
Sometimes we will organize events also in Saturdays.
During the autumn we will start offering small groups which will focus to strengthen students mental well-being. Also there will be a leisure activities and events.
You are very welcome to Kamula! Just step in when Kamula is open, no pre-registration. You can also a send us a message if you have any questions. We are here for you. There is always a worker and often also a volunteer(s) keeping you company and helping to get to know Kamula.
Kamula activities are free of charge, subtance free and all the participants agrees to follow Kamula’s safer space principles.
Activities will be developed together with students, volunteers and partners. If you have wishes or feedback, please feel free to send a message.
Voluntary work at Kamula
We are looking for volunteers for students’ meeting place.
Come to spend time in Kamula by playing games, drinking coffee, cooking or just being and having conversations. Kamula organizes activities and events based on wishes that you can also participate. What you would like to do in Kamula?
Our goal is that students are feeling better by doing things together. All activities are free of charge. Kamula will open on September. Kamula will be open from Wednesday to Friday in the evenings and every now and then on Saturdays (events, theme days…).
- are a student or a young adult.
- want to spend time with (other) students.
- can work as a volunteer at least once a month in the evenings.
- can participate minimum one semester (this is a wish, let us know if can participate shorter time).
- agree to follow Kamulas principles (for example substance free place, guidelines for safer space).
- You don’t need any special skills. You are enough just being you and being interested to do voluntary work in Kamula.
Want do you get from volunteering in Kamula?
- Happy feeling.
- Big thank you! We like to reward our volunteers (like dinner, activities together with other volunteers) every semester.
- Certificate for volunteering.
- Training for the tasks, feedback and help.
- Very special experience of volunteering in students’ meeting place.
You are interested? Great, please contact emploeeys (contacts down below)
Develop free time activities for students
Kamula project has started at Ahjola Settlement. The activity aim is to strengthen the students mental health and to prevent loneliness among students. At the moment we are looking for students to help us plan activities which will start during the Autumn. The students will brainstorm and plan activities, visual identity and a meeting place in the city centre of Tampere.
To sign up and more information from Siina or Fiia
Via WhatsApp, text message, call or e-mail. Contact information at the end of the page.
- Tampere University of Applied Sciences (TAMK)
- Tampere University
- Finnish Student Health Service FSHS (Tampere)
- TREY – Student Union of Tampere University
- Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences (Tamko)
- Tampere Vocational College Tredu
- City of Tampere
- Nyyti ry
- Aspa Foundation sr
- Tampere Settlement
- Rientola Settlement
Mustalahdenkatu 18, Tampere
044 5538 428
044 5538 427
Information to Kamula’s harassment officers
With this form you can send a information about harrasment that you have faced at Kamula activities. Kamula’s harassment officers Fiia Vauhkonen and Siina Vättö will go through all the message with extra care. Please leave your contact information, if you want that we come back to you.
Kamula activity has got three years (2023-2025) project funding for the Meetpoint project. The project is financed by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health with grants for non-profit corporations.